Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The 4400 and The Dead Zone Canceled



TVSquad.com has posted that both The 4400 and The Dead Zone have been canceled.

The 4400, which completed its 4th season back in September, has been waiting to find out its fate. Yesterday series creator Scott Peters announced in a post on the USANetwork.com forums that the show has been canceled:

"We've had a great time bringing you this story and submersing you in the lives of all these incredible characters. ...But at least we got to go out with a bang! I had an awesome time directing the last episode. I think I got to make almost every single cast member cry (on camera). ...So let me raise my metaphorical glass to you all and thank you for being so loyal and so dedicated. I wish we could go on forever, but the party has come to an end."


I've only seen a few episode in of this show and I honestly never got into it. It was just to slow paced for me but I know a friend of mine loved the show completely so it definitely had it's following. For all those out there who wish to fight this can "sign" the petition at this link.

Joining The 4400 in the "Will Not Be Back" column is The Dead Zone. The show, also on the USA Network, has been on for 6 seasons and I was along for the ride for the first 2 seasons. I'm sorry to say it for you now mourning fans, but after the 2nd season the show just seemed to lose some of it's magic. I watched a few episodes during the 3rd season in hopes that the show would keep its unique and interesting writing but it seemed to drop off dramatically. I was honestly quite amazed that the show lasted 6 seasons in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I loved the acting of Anthony Micheal Hall, but the shows story began to diverge from what it was in the beginning. It became nothing more then a gimmicky show with single episode storylines and repeating themes.

Well, whether you liked the show or now it is over. However, just like The 4400 a petition has been started on the USANetwork.com forums that you can also "sign" at this link. As a big fan of Firefly I am on your side and hope you guys are able to change the fates of your shows. At least to get an ending to your shows to wash out the bitter tastes in your mouths.

No comments: