Thursday, December 06, 2007

Star Trek: Online - First Game Play Image


I am going back and forth on whether or not I am interested in Star Trek: Online which is an MMORPG currently in development by Perpetual Entertainment. If you don't remember Perpetual recently cancelled Gods and Heroes and have now focused all their efforts into the development of this game. I just feel it has taken too long to release this photo when they should probably already be providing video given how hard they are suppose to be working on it.

Don't get me wrong, this picture is immaculate. The visual display, the ship, space, and even the artwork on the pop-up message display are all wonderful pieces of work. The only problem is that it has taken them too long to get to this point. The game has been in development since late 2004 and yet we aren't getting much word on gameplay, story, playable races, etc. Everything that has been released so far has either been changed or has been denied. I just wish they would share more of what's going on like Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning or Age of Conan.

Maybe I'm just being nit-picky because I've been I love the Star Trek franchise and have been looking forward to this one for some time now.

No comments: