Thursday, February 01, 2007

Harry's Final Battle is July 21st!!


Fellow readers around the world have been ancipating the release of the final Harry Potter book. On July 21st, 2007 the wait is over.

Announced today at Scholastic.com, they inform the world that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, the seventh and final book in the best-selling series, has been scheduled for release at 12:01 a.m. on July 21, 2007."

I started reading the Harry Potter books shortly after the release of the fifth book. I put off reading the series because I was worried if would get me back into liking books again... but the temptation overtook me and I gave in. Sure enough, I finished the first four books in 3 days... bought the fifth later that week and read it in one night.Needless to say, these books brought back my hunger for reading and I've been reading again ever since.

I loved the series so much that I was actually there for the midnight release of the sixth book. Many book stores had little "Harry Potter" parties for the release so I will not be surprised to see even more for this one. You can count me among those who will be there when they start handing out the first books in my timezone.

Will you be joining me for Harry's final battle?

No comments: