At 3:31 p.m., according to the police, a masseuse arrived... for an appointment with Mr. Ledger. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of the bedroom Mr. Ledger was in. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger naked and unconscious on a bed, with sleeping pills — both prescription medication and nonprescription — on a night table. They moved his body to the floor and attempted to revive him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.
There is no word of foul play at this time but I just don't understand why the man would overdose, accidental or otherwise. I will post more if their is any further word about the cause of Ledger's death.
Via [The New York Times]